Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PL PL is offline

Default footnote continuous separator

Hi,

If the text in my footnote are too long & I would like to continue on the
how do I insert a footnote continuous separator?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't. Word does it for you.

If you are somehow getting continued footnotes that show no separator,
then someone at some point turned them off. To get them back, go into
Normal mode, View Footnotes, and there's a drop-down menu that
includes the continuation separator. Select that, and click Reset.

You can format it as you'd like from here, too.