Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PGR PGR is offline

Default HELP!! Trying to get PowerPoint 07 and Word 07 to work together

Hi

I have Vista Home premium/Office Pro 07 and am trying to put together both a
slide presentation and an accompanying student guide as a large handout. I
want my student handout to have a copy of the slide on a page and then the
accompanying text. This makes it easier for my students who are not trying
to scribble down loads of notes. I need more flexibility and functionality
than just my slides and notes that I would get if I did everything in
Powerpoint.

Ideally I want to be able to use Word to write my student guide and when I
insert a slide within the document be able to export all of the slides into a
single powerpoint file which will then be shown on the projector. But I
can't find any references to being able to do this unless it really is cut
and pasting each individual slide from within the word doc and then paste
into a powerpoint slide? That could be quite laborious given it's a student
study camp for 4 weeks and I will have several hundred slides! I estimate
that the finished product will be over 1,000 pages in total and of course it
will be printed and put in a binder for my students.

I have looked at numerous articles on the help pages and I see references to
being able to File/Send To/Word, but I don't have that option for some
reason. I have the other options for emailing as an attachment and
converting to pdf etc (I also have Adobe CS3 on my PC) but definitely not
File/Send to/Word. Would this be something still on my original office disks
by chance? I can't see why because I'm sure I installed the maximum options.
If I had this option and it exported the slides into word creating a single
page for each slide then I could work with that and I could format the pages
according to my school template and put the contents at the fron etc.

Many thanks/peter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

In PP 2007 go to the office button, and Publish and you will find the option
to send to word.
--
Rae Drysdale

"pgr" wrote:

[...]

Word to PowerPoint species8350 Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 08 12:54 PM
Word and Powerpoint Bob Ford Microsoft Word Help 3 May 15th 07 11:12 PM
printing transparencies from Work and PowerPoint CB Microsoft Word Help 0 July 13th 05 08:45 PM
Word to Powerpoint Oscar A New Users 1 April 9th 05 10:56 PM
Word to Powerpoint Nancy H New Users 2 April 9th 05 03:45 PM