Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
QPapillon QPapillon is offline

Default Accidental Special Characters

Help! I accidently hit some keys and now I'm on the bilingual keyboard
layout (English/French) and I want to switch back.

For example: I'm trying to do single quotation mark ( ') and it's giving me
the accent (è).

How can I get English back?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Q.,

If this happens in other apps as well, and you're not accidentally hitting the ctrl keys, if you don't have a language bar/keyboard
icon in the Windows system tray you cand (in Windows XP) go to Control Panel then
Regional and Language Settings=Languages=Details
and use the dialog or [Key Settings] button there to switch keyboards.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The left ALT key plus Shift is the usual toggle between installed keyboards.
Add the language toolbar to the Windows task bar so you can more easily see
what keyboard is currently active.