Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deen111 Deen111 is offline

Default Unsave typing in MS Word

I typed a document and saved it then brought it back up and typed over it and
saved over it. Is there any way I can retrieve the initial document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Not if you didn't save a back up of that file.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Deen111" wrote in message
I typed a document and saved it then brought it back up and typed over it
and
saved over it. Is there any way I can retrieve the initial document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

We use Word 2003 here and we have been able to retrieve a previous version in
"prevous version". Ours updates at 7 am and noon so if the original was
created at 8 am, then typed over at 830 am, you'll get the version with the
type over, however, if the original was created on one day and typed over on
another we go to file, open, select the document you want then tools (tools
in open) and recover previous version.