Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus K Klaus K is offline

Default Most common word?

How I can get know which is the most common word in my word -document? I
would like to do some kind of ranked list about words which are most popular
in my dokument. Have you any suggestions how I manage to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Klause,

Here are two examples of macros written for this task:
http://www.archivum.info/microsoft.p.../msg03016.html
http://www.archivum.info/microsoft.p.../msg02966.html

One was written by myself, the other by Doug Robbins (Word MVP).
If you have any questions about the macros, just ask.

Steven Craig Miller

P.S. To Install a Macro:
Go to VBA editor via Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor (or Alt-F11).
Open the Project Explorer (if not open) , the shortcut key is Ctrl-R.
It will have the name €śProject.€ť
Click on the template where you would like to store your macro.
For example click on €śNormal.€ť
Insert a new Module with: Insert Module.
It should have the name Module1.
(You can re-name your new module now or later by clicking on F4, this should
bring up the Properties Window. In the field following €ś(name)€ť you can
change the modules name. Close the Properties window, now the new Module
should have a new name.)
The code window should now be open.
The code window has General & Declarations at the top.
If it is not open, double click on the Module.
Cut and past your macro into the code window.
You can store more than one macro in a module.
To run your macro, go back to your document and click on Alt-F8.
Alt-F8 will bring up the macro menu from which you can pick your macro and
run it.