Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Removing Spelling Dictionary

Hi

I am trying to remove the default English (US) dictionary from the spell
checker. I've completed the 'Remove Custom Dictionary' help, going through
tools, options, spelling and grammar, etc. I've added in the Australian
dictionary.

I keep selecting the Australian dictionary in Spellcheck, but it keeps
reselecting the US dictionary, which I'd like to remove. Is this possible?

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have English as a spelling dictionary you have all the flavours of
English - you cannot install only part of the dictionary.

What you need to do is change the Windows Regional settings input language
to your preference, and in Word change tools language automatically
detect to off and apply the language of your choice. If it doesn't hold for
new documents, open the normal template and modify the normal style (and
styles not based on normal) to include the required proofing language. Add a
character to the text space. Apply your preferred body text style, delete
the character and save and close the template.