Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoft16x microsoft16x is offline

Default Why doesn't print preveiw show my full page color?

I was making a brochure and I chose three columns for it. It was set to
landscape. I chose the page color blue for the background but then when I
went to print preview, the page color did not fill up the whole background,
like there were some spaces of white along the edges. How do I fix this? I've
tried everything!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Very few printers can print all the way to the edge of a page. Even
expensive commercial printers can't. Most printers have some amount of
nonprintable area along each edge of the page. If you see a
professionally printed page that has printing all the way to the page
edges, then it was probably printed onto oversize sheets of paper, and
then the oversize sheets were trimmed to their final size. A few newer
photo printers can print "borderless", and if you have one of those,
then you need to choose that option in File | Print | Properties.

microsoft16x wrote:
I was making a brochure and I chose three columns for it. It was set to
landscape. I chose the page color blue for the background but then when I
went to print preview, the page color did not fill up the whole background,
like there were some spaces of white along the edges. How do I fix this? I've
tried everything!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
microsoft16x microsoft16x is offline

Thank you so much for letting me know that! I spent forever trying to figure
out what made that happen. Well I didn't exactly get it to work, but I know
what the problem is now and don't have to spend anymore time looking around.
Once again thanks so much for the help!