Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MEAD5432 MEAD5432 is offline

Default Deleted Styles Reappearing in Word 2000

I created a style for a list in a new document and then decided that I didn't
like the style so I deleted it.

Now, it is showing up in all other documents whenever I try to create a
bulleted list. I have looked in the styles on a new document and it doesn't
exist. I have checked the normal.dot template for both my user and the
administrator but the style doesn't exist there either. There is no
indication that this style exists until I click the bulleted list button.

I cna' tfigure out why it keeps popping up since the other styles that I
created at the same time aren't showing up in any documents (I deleted them
also).

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are applying bullets by clicking the button on the toolbar you will
get the most recent format, which might include a style. The recently used
formats are stored in the Format | Bullets and Numbering dialog box; you can
restore them to their defaults by clicking the Reset button (for each
format).

In the future, make sure to define a style for bullet or numbering
formatting; that way, you will avoid unpleasant surprises. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MEAD5432" wrote in message
I created a style for a list in a new document and then decided that I
didn't
like the style so I deleted it.

Now, it is showing up in all other documents whenever I try to create a
bulleted list. I have looked in the styles on a new document and it
doesn't
exist. I have checked the normal.dot template for both my user and the
administrator but the style doesn't exist there either. There is no
indication that this style exists until I click the bulleted list button.

I cna' tfigure out why it keeps popping up since the other styles that I
created at the same time aren't showing up in any documents (I deleted
them
also).

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome--and thank you for the feedback.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP