Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sengle80 sengle80 is offline

Default Labels and Word 2007

In WordPerfect 8, when creating labels, I was able to vertically center
addresses on the labels. I haven't been able to figure out how to do it with
Word 2007. Anybody out there know how....maybe 1,800 addresses!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Labels are tables, and the vertical alignment commands are available as in
any other table. Labels are by default vertically centered, but for reasons
unknown, mail merging (at least using the Wizard) adds extra empty
paragraphs to the label layout, which must be removed before propagating the
label.

"sengle80" wrote in message
In WordPerfect 8, when creating labels, I was able to vertically center
addresses on the labels. I haven't been able to figure out how to do it
with
Word 2007. Anybody out there know how....maybe 1,800 addresses!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See also http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm
and there are some (third party) macros to convert WP labels to Word for
downloads from my web site.