pompeyboyUSA

Default calculations using field codes

Thanks to Doug Robbins' help I have made the form do what I need it to do -
well partly! I am now able to provide a choice of answers in a second
dropdown box, based on what is chosen in the first dropdown box. The
question I now have is, if the second choices are figures, is there a way of
performing a calculation based on a figure put in a final box? To clarify, I
would have for example to provide a form to calculate expenses for mileage
based on 2 rates of reimbursement. In dropdown box 1 there is a choice of
'mileage' (along with other choices - food, hotels etc), the user chooses
'mileage' and in dropdown box 2, there are 2 choices, say .50 and .55. (I can
get this far with Dougs help). When I try to perform a calculation based on
the mileage rate and a figure entered in another box (total miles travelled),
based on the bookmark names, it won't calculate - although I have checked
calculate on exit. I can get forms to do basic calculations with no
problem, it just won't work using the dropdown choices. Any help, as always
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, CHARLIE
macropod

Hi pompeyboyUSA,

You should be able to do this with a formula field, coded along the lines
of:
{IF{Dropdown1}= "Mileage" {Dropdown2}}

Cheers