Alison Hobbs

Default table borders

I want to create a table that runs across three pages, with top and bottom
borders only. I have done this in the past, but on this occasion I have got
top and bottom borders on the middle page as well, which I don't want. I have
tried the border tool, the pencil on the table toolbar and taking out all the
borders in the table properties box before I reinsert them, but nothing seems
to work. Any ideas?
Jean-Guy Marcil

Alison Hobbs was telling us:
Alison Hobbs nous racontait que :

I want to create a table that runs across three pages, with top and
bottom borders only. I have done this in the past, but on this
occasion I have got top and bottom borders on the middle page as
well, which I don't want. I have tried the border tool, the pencil on
the table toolbar and taking out all the borders in the table
properties box before I reinsert them, but nothing seems to work. Any
ideas?

If you apply a top/bottom only border style to a whole table spanning
multiple pages, Word automatically adds the borders to the last row of every
page, therefore creating a border at the end and at the beginning of every
page.

After you apply such a border, manually select the last row of each page,
from the Border and shading dialog, apply and then de-apply the bottom
border (You have to do that because when you first display the dialog, Word
will tell you there is no bottom border on the selected row, which is true,
strictly speaking). Then the border will be removed from the top of the
following page as well.

It might be easier not to apply any horizontal border to your table at all,
and then select the first row to apply a top border, and the last row to
apply a bottom border.

--
Salut!