Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Helenh

Default Changing new blank document

I've set templates up to work, however if you click on the icon for new blank
document it opens the template but defaults to a style within it rather than
the normal style.. any ideas how I can change this icon to open the
'normal.dot' template?
--
Regards,
Helen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Open the file normal.dot. Change the style of the first paragraph to normal
then save and close the template.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

Helenh wrote:
I've set templates up to work, however if you click on the icon for
new blank document it opens the template but defaults to a style
within it rather than the normal style.. any ideas how I can change
this icon to open the 'normal.dot' template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Helenh

Thanks for the advice. I tried this but for some reason it wouldn't let me
change the style, so I deleted the hyperlink style it was using, it then
reverted to normal and I recreated the hyperlink style and saved the document
again as the normal.dot... it works fine now.
--
Regards,
Helen

Helenh wrote:
I've set templates up to work, however if you click on the icon for
new blank document it opens the template but defaults to a style
within it rather than the normal style.. any ideas how I can change
this icon to open the 'normal.dot' template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

A blank document saved as normal.dot is not normal.dot. Only Word can create
that. See the link in the original reply.