Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Puzzled neophyte Puzzled neophyte is offline

Default Adding text outside of margins without text box printing out

Is there a way to type info in margin area without a "text box"? (For
instance if you want to edit and add some info in the margins -- possibly an
asterisk outside of the text?)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Puzzled neophyte[_2_] Puzzled neophyte[_2_] is offline

While the link given, does indeed address how to establish "frames" for text
in margins, it is far too involved for my needs. I was able to accomplish
what I needed by using the text box and erasing the border (which I just
figured out how to do). It was actually the border of the text box that I
found objectionable. Thanks to Jay for his assistance.

"Puzzled neophyte" wrote:

Is there a way to type info in margin area without a "text box"? (For
instance if you want to edit and add some info in the margins -- possibly an
asterisk outside of the text?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Puzzled neophyte[_2_] Puzzled neophyte[_2_] is offline

Thanks Jay! The link that covers inserting true marginal text by way of
"frames" was helpful, but a bit too involved for my pea brain. I think I
will stick with the "text box" and erase the border from around it (which was
actually the thing I found objectionable about text boxes) ... I just learned
how to erase the border. Thank you again for your assistance!

Best wishes,

Puzzled