Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteelCity SteelCity is offline

Default Printing Problem

I have one page in a document that has two columns of numbered paragraphs
(like a legal document might have - ie, small text). When I view it on the
screen, it looks correct however when I print it or print preview only the
numbers and their headings show up. I even cannot copy the text that isn't
printing. It is like it doesn't exist but I see it onscreen. HELP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It sounds like you have assigned the text style the Hidden attribute. You
can see hidden text if you have the non-printing characters active (which
most real Word users have displayed), but when you switch to Print Preview
or try to print, the text is, of course, hidden.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"SteelCity" wrote in message
I have one page in a document that has two columns of numbered paragraphs
(like a legal document might have - ie, small text). When I view it on the
screen, it looks correct however when I print it or print preview only the
numbers and their headings show up. I even cannot copy the text that isn't
printing. It is like it doesn't exist but I see it onscreen. HELP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SteelCity SteelCity is offline

On the "Home Menu" when I select the Paragraph sign under Paragraph, the page
appears as it prints...hiding the body text.

I do not know how/where to fix the problem. Thank you for an explanation.

"SteelCity" wrote:

I have one page in a document that has two columns of numbered paragraphs
(like a legal document might have - ie, small text). When I view it on the
screen, it looks correct however when I print it or print preview only the
numbers and their headings show up. I even cannot copy the text that isn't
printing. It is like it doesn't exist but I see it onscreen. HELP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The confirms that the text is has the hidden attribute. Select all the
hidden text and use Format Font to remove the hidden attribute.

Terry

"SteelCity" wrote:

I have one page in a document that has two columns of numbered paragraphs
(like a legal document might have - ie, small text). When I view it on
the
screen, it looks correct however when I print it or print preview only
the
numbers and their headings show up. I even cannot copy the text that
isn't
printing. It is like it doesn't exist but I see it onscreen. HELP?

pontiac pontiac is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
I have one page in a document that has two columns of numbered paragraphs
(like a legal document might have - ie, small text). When I view it on the
screen, it looks correct however when I print it or print preview only the
numbers and their headings show up. I even cannot copy the text that isn't
printing. It is like it doesn't exist but I see it onscreen. HELP?
Yes, Perhaps you have assigned hidden attribute.
So it not see by you.
You can try to remove or format the hidden attribute.
I hope it will help you, Friend.