Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Default Headers

Seems as if everybody needs header info lately. Me, too!

You wonderful people have taught me so much that by now I shouldn't have to
ask this question.

However --

I've been working on a document in which I need to have different headers on
odd and even pages (i.e., "Buying and Selling" on odd and "Formbook blah
blah" on even. Somehow my several attempts have not succeeded.

Could one of you geniuses get me back on the right track? I really
appreciate your help now and in the past. You'd be proud if you knew how
much of it I've used successfully!

A million thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Have you enabled "Different odd and even" for headers and footers? This will
give you a separate Odd Page Header/Footer and Even Page Header/Footer.

For more on headers and footers, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"Island Girl" wrote in message
Seems as if everybody needs header info lately. Me, too!

You wonderful people have taught me so much that by now I shouldn't have
ask this question.

However --

I've been working on a document in which I need to have different headers
on
odd and even pages (i.e., "Buying and Selling" on odd and "Formbook blah
blah" on even. Somehow my several attempts have not succeeded.

Could one of you geniuses get me back on the right track? I really
appreciate your help now and in the past. You'd be proud if you knew how
much of it I've used successfully!

A million thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl Island Girl is offline

Suzanne, I guess I was just overthinking the situation to the point that I
forgot that such a simple solution existed. And as you've done many times
before, you came to my rescue.

I've been reading and practicing a lot lately about page numbering with
field codes for different situations, and drove myself crazy trying to go in
that direction to accomplish this. You'd probably die laughing if you could
see some of my failed attempts--how complicated they looked and how miserably
they failed!

Thanks once more, Suzanne!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It is always such a relief to find that a simple solution exists, and it can
be embarrassing to realize one has overlooked it. After years of sending
people to my article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CombineXrefs.htm, which described the
only way I knew of to combine cross-references (a very kludgy workaround
that I certainly didn't invent but was pleased to have found), I was
flabbergasted when "macropod" calmly pointed out a much simpler solution,
which I have now incorporated in the article. I am not beating myself up
over "overlooking" that solution, but I do find it hard to understand why it
had never surfaced in the NGs before.