Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mosaddeq Aziz Mosaddeq Aziz is offline

Default Print check in word xp

Hi,

I need to print check in word xp. I need to have my text fixed at certain
positions no matter if i change some other text. How can i achieve that?

Another thing is say i want my first line to start from 3 inches from the
left and finish it before 2 inches from the right. My second line will start
from 0.5 inches from left and finishes 1.0 inches before right. Is that
possible?

B/Rgds,

Mosaddeq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's possible but Word really isn't the best choice of programs to fill out
checks. Try text boxes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mosaddeq Aziz" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to print check in word xp. I need to have my text fixed at certain
positions no matter if i change some other text. How can i achieve that?

Another thing is say i want my first line to start from 3 inches from the
left and finish it before 2 inches from the right. My second line will
start from 0.5 inches from left and finishes 1.0 inches before right. Is
that possible?

B/Rgds,

Mosaddeq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Put a borderless 2 row table with about 8-10 columns over the area you wish
to write.
Merge the columns that occupy the space you wish to write
Fix the column width and row heights for the table and type away!

Mosaddeq Aziz wrote:
Hi,

I need to print check in word xp. I need to have my text fixed at
certain positions no matter if i change some other text. How can i
achieve that?
Another thing is say i want my first line to start from 3 inches from
the left and finish it before 2 inches from the right. My second line
will start from 0.5 inches from left and finishes 1.0 inches before
right. Is that possible?

B/Rgds,

Mosaddeq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mosaddeq Aziz Mosaddeq Aziz is offline

Thanks for the reply. Problem with text is to place in the exact position. I
need to place them in exact position so the text doesn't interfere with
other text. is it possible to set the text box in the exact position by
giving the co-ordinates?

Mosaddeq

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
It's possible but Word really isn't the best choice of programs to fill
out checks. Try text boxes.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mosaddeq Aziz" wrote in message
Hi,

I need to print check in word xp. I need to have my text fixed at certain
positions no matter if i change some other text. How can i achieve that?

Another thing is say i want my first line to start from 3 inches from the
left and finish it before 2 inches from the right. My second line will
start from 0.5 inches from left and finishes 1.0 inches before right. Is
that possible?

B/Rgds,

Mosaddeq

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you insert a Text Box, right-click on its edge and select properties, you
have a whole range of options for positioning the box including one for
locking it in place.

Graham's alternative of creating a table with sufficient rows and columns to
provide the necessary cells over the areas you need to input the data will
work equally as well.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP