Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Coffree drinker, confused[_2_] Coffree drinker, confused[_2_] is offline

Default WORD 07 documents will not delete.

When I make a document than save it, than come back to it and decide to
delete it, it will not delete. Why can't I delete documents while I have that
said document open?
I'm new and feel "stupid". Help.
I need a good walk through. I have Word 2007 for Dummies and its about
useless.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You can't delete any file while you have it open. Close the file and delete
it in Windows Explorer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Coffree drinker, confused"
m wrote in message
When I make a document than save it, than come back to it and decide to
delete it, it will not delete. Why can't I delete documents while I have
that
said document open?
I'm new and feel "stupid". Help.
I need a good walk through. I have Word 2007 for Dummies and its about
useless.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

Coffree drinker wrote:
When I make a document than save it, than come back to it and decide to
delete it, it will not delete. Why can't I delete documents while I have that
said document open?
I'm new and feel "stupid". Help.
I need a good walk through. I have Word 2007 for Dummies and its about
useless.

You can't delete a document that is open in an application. Close the
application and use Windows Explorer to delete it...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level