Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Bendert

Default Underlining Question

Word 2002, Windows XP

Ugh! I am embarrassed to ask this question, but I have a mental block on
how to do this.

I have text on part of a line that I want underlined, but after the text I
want the underline to continue to the end of the margin so it gives the
appearance that I have type the text on a continuous line. How can I do
this?

Sorry for the stupid question!

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Does the 'line' constitute a *paragraph*? If so, one option is to use
FormatBorders & Shading, select the option for only a Bottom Border.

HTH |:)

"Jeff Bendert" wrote:

Word 2002, Windows XP

Ugh! I am embarrassed to ask this question, but I have a mental block on
how to do this.

I have text on part of a line that I want underlined, but after the text I
want the underline to continue to the end of the margin so it gives the
appearance that I have type the text on a continuous line. How can I do
this?

Sorry for the stupid question!

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One way is to insert a tab stop at the right margin, tab to it, and
underline the tab character. But see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm