Pat Garard

Default DOES ANYBODY KNOW? - Peculiar Print Layout Display

G'Day All,

Office Word 2003, alls SPs, on Windows Xp, all SPs.

I have ONE Document that displays in a peculiar fashion. In Print
Layout view the "paper" extends over an inch beyond the Right-hand
limit of the Ruler (See attachment - ALL other documents have the
right-hand side of the "paper" aligned with my superimposed dotted line).

It displays correctly for a few seconds after opening, then suddenly
switches to the view as shown.

I did not create the document. After I had received it as an outline,
I developed its content - about 90% of its present size.

I have tried "Open and Repair" without improvement.

It appears to Print correctly.

Any advice or insight would be appreciated.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

Attached Images

Jezebel

OE zaps that attachment, so I can't comment directly. There was a longish
discussion a couple of months ago about a document with seriously bizarre
layout and behaviour. The conclusion was that it had been created in
something like PageMaker, then converted to PDF, then saved to Word.
Depending on the printer driver, Word went bonkers trying to render it.

Suggested fix is to abandon the current formatting. Save the thing as plain
text, close, re-open, and re-format from scratch.

"Pat Garard" apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau wrote in message
[...]

Pat Garard

G'Day Jezebel,

Si unquam demon natus
Sine cornibus.....

Thanks for the reply!

I will certainly try that when I get desperate enough....

In the meantime the damn thing is chock full of bookmarks,
cross-references, screen-shots...

PS How's John's Nose??
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Jezebel" wrote in message
[...]

Jezebel

PS How's John's Nose??

"If you fake the funk, your nose will grow." - Bootsy Collins

Pat Garard

You've been talking to Peter!!
He knows HIS nose!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Jezebel" wrote in message

PS How's John's Nose??

"If you fake the funk, your nose will grow." - Bootsy Collins

Pat Garard

Well! Well!

The Document contained a COMMENT - and Word generously extended
the "Paper" to the right to accommodate the display of the comment in the
right "margin"!

I'll be damned!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

[...]

Pat Garard

Still Damned! `[:-}
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Well, that's what I was going to suggest, if I'd gotten here in
(antipodean)
time. I should think you would have recognized the condition from its
frequent discussion in these NGs, though.

so
all may benefit.