Austin T.

Default Permanently removing the 'Getting Started' Box from Office Screens

Office 2003 appears to 'allow' users to remove part of the verbiage of this
box that hogs about 1/4 of the right hand side of my screen but it doesn't
seem to have a way to place it into the dumpster permanently. (Yes, I've
cleared the little bit of stuff by unchecking the boxes as stated in the
'Online Help' message and restarted the program -- Word, in this case.) Is
there a way to get rid of the entire 'Getting Started' box permanently?

I guess that I'm old-fashioned. I want to work on a CLEAN screen without a
lot of unnecessary stuff taking up space.

Your advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin T.
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...owTaskPane.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Stan Brown

Sun, 30 Oct 2005 23:46:00 -0500 from Jay Freedman
:
See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...owTaskPane.htm

And that advice also works for Excel -- I've just removed the Getting
Started pane from Excel, after being annoyed at it for nine months.
:-)

My thanks to the authors of that Web page, Beth Melton and Bill Coan!

http://OakRoadSystems.com/