Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nitin Nitin is offline

Default adding clipart image to mailmerge document

I use Word 2003 & have compiled a mailmerge document using a list of names
from Excel, I would like to add a small graphic in teh top right corner of
each label, is there a easier way of modifying the template for the label
code I am using which is Avery L7162 so that it will automatically add the
graphic or is there a way of adding teh image once I have completed the
mailmerge document.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Graphics on Labels" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nitin" wrote in message
I use Word 2003 & have compiled a mailmerge document using a list of names
from Excel, I would like to add a small graphic in teh top right corner of
each label, is there a easier way of modifying the template for the label
code I am using which is Avery L7162 so that it will automatically add the
graphic or is there a way of adding teh image once I have completed the
mailmerge document.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Tml0aW4=?=,

I use Word 2003 & have compiled a mailmerge document using a list of names
from Excel, I would like to add a small graphic in teh top right corner of
each label, is there a easier way of modifying the template for the label
code I am using which is Avery L7162 so that it will automatically add the
graphic or is there a way of adding teh image once I have completed the
mailmerge document.

This can be tricky, but...

Add the Clipart to the first label. Make sure you format it to "Move with
text" in the ADVANCED dialog box of the Format [whatever]/Layout page. It
needs to be formatted relative to a paragraph both horizontally and
vertically. And the anchor for the graphic must be in the first label. Note
that, in doing this, you will lose all vertical alignment in the label (it
will format from the top of the label).

Once you have this set correctly, propagating the label should carry the
graphic along.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org