Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] bhumikahm.13@gmail.com is offline

Default Word-Word Mailmerge

I am using Word table as data source for mail merge.
To open the "Mail Merge Recipient" window, I am using the Dialogs
option

Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Show

On clicking Edit button in "Mail Merge Recipient" window, the original
data source (Word document) opens. But I am not able to edit/get
focus/close this doc until the "Mail merge Recipient" window is closed.
Futhermore, if I use any other button (like Find) in Mail Merge
Recipients, the application crashes.

Any help regarding this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I am using Word table as data source for mail merge.
To open the "Mail Merge Recipient" window, I am using the

Dialogs
option

Dialogs(wdDialogMailMergeRecipients).Show

On clicking Edit button in "Mail Merge Recipient" window,

the original
data source (Word document) opens. But I am not able to

edit/get
focus/close this doc until the "Mail merge Recipient"

window is closed.
Futhermore, if I use any other button (like Find) in Mail

Merge
Recipients, the application crashes.

Any help regarding this is highly appreciated.

Well, the explanation for the first is straight-forward
enough: the
Recipients dialog box is modal.

The problem you're running into is that the tools you're
trying to use
were intended to only work with the Word 2002/2003 default
data source:
an Access databank generated by using these tools. If you
try to use them
with anything else, they will not work correctly.

If you want to "manage" the data of the older Word
interface, you need to
use the older interface tools. They're still available, but
hidden. In
the Word 2002/2003 section of my website's mail merge FAQ
you'll find a
table of the old functionality, and how to get it back.
You're looking
for the Word command MailMergeDataForm

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)