WrdBrn

Default Wiord Password

I need to read only a password protected file
Jezebel

Enter the password and away you go.

"WrdBrn" wrote in message
I need to read only a password protected file

WrdBrn

These are old files. No passwords

"WrdBrn" wrote in message
I need to read only a password protected file

Doug Robbins

You mean no passwords on the files? or you do not know the passwords? If
it's the former, what's the problem; if the latter, Google for password and
if you like playing with fire, give your credit card details to one of the
outfits that crack passwords for a living.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"WrdBrn" wrote in message
I need to read only a password protected file

Jezebel

Yes? Stolen from whom?

"WrdBrn" wrote in message
I need to read only a password protected file

WrdBrn

OH my, let me make my self clear. I have old word documents, Science Fair
Projects of my daughters, letters to the editor that my husband and I wrote.
We have been thru a system crash and a few other ugly computer incidents. I
found the floppy they were stored on and would like to UNPASSWORD them so I
can Scrap book some and in some cases send colleges copies. The are my
files. If I could get to a READ ONLY situation it would be a major help.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes? Stolen from whom?

"WrdBrn" wrote in message
I need to read only a password protected file

To clarify: are these files actually password-protected or are you just
unable to open them? If you are trying to open them from the floppy, stop
trying! You may already have corrupted them irretrievably by trying. Copy
them to the HD first. If you can't open them in the Normal way, try using
the "Recover Text from Any File" setting or open them in WordPad.

"WrdBrn" wrote in message
OH my, let me make my self clear. I have old word documents, Science Fair
Projects of my daughters, letters to the editor that my husband and I

wrote.
We have been thru a system crash and a few other ugly computer incidents.

found the floppy they were stored on and would like to UNPASSWORD them so

can Scrap book some and in some cases send colleges copies. The are my
files. If I could get to a READ ONLY situation it would be a major help.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Yes? Stolen from whom?