Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
moz104 moz104 is offline

Default Tabs disconnected from bullets

On 7/18/06, a user posted the following:

"The tab key has ceased working in two ways: 1) It does not advance to the
next level bullet when I am typing a bulleted list. It just tabs over and
keeps the bullet in the same spot. Resetting the tab spaces in the bullets &
numbers menu does not fix this problem. 2) Shift+tab does not move my
cursor backwards - instead it just moves it forward another tab space. (in
effect, the tab and shift+tab are no longer doing what the "increase indent"
and "decrease indent" buttons do...Help!"

I have the exact same problem, but in Word 2007, which is not covered by the
solution provided. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
moz104 moz104 is offline

Thank you very much. I had been looking for it under the Autoformat tab,
without realizing there was also an Autoformat as you type tab. Seems a
little redundant.

-Adam

"CyberTaz" wrote:

If you're referring to the "Set Left- and First indent..."checkbox, yeah it
does - it's just buried in a new hole:-\

Try Office ButtonWord Options button - Proofing, click the AutoCorrect
Options button & take a look at the AutoFormat As You Type page.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"moz104" wrote in message
On 7/18/06, a user posted the following:

"The tab key has ceased working in two ways: 1) It does not advance to
the
next level bullet when I am typing a bulleted list. It just tabs over and
keeps the bullet in the same spot. Resetting the tab spaces in the
bullets &
numbers menu does not fix this problem. 2) Shift+tab does not move my
cursor backwards - instead it just moves it forward another tab space.
(in
effect, the tab and shift+tab are no longer doing what the "increase
indent"
and "decrease indent" buttons do...Help!"

I have the exact same problem, but in Word 2007, which is not covered by
the
solution provided. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Only from the standpoint of terminology - they are 2 separate & distinct
features: one controls what happens while you are typing, the other
determines what happens if you use FormatAutoformat (2003, haven't looked
in 2007 yet) to format an entire document.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones