Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] rjricis31@aol.com is offline

Default placement of headers on line number 1

I have numbered pages for court transcripts and would like to place the
headers on line number 1.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Word's line numbering feature counts only items in the main body of
the document, but you can fake line numbering by anchoring a text box
to the header, and then filling it with typed numbers. Note that you'd
have to use a fixed value for the line spacing (of your custom line
numbers, of heading text, and of body text). I believe the Pleading
Wizard illustrates the principle.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote in message
I have numbered pages for court transcripts and would like to place
the headers on line number 1.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that you will also have to adjust your top and bottom margin, and
the "From edge" setting for headers and footers, to be multiples of the
value for line spacing.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

" wrote in message
I have numbered pages for court transcripts and would like to place
the headers on line number 1.

Separating Headers From Page Numbers on Same Line Mattajang Page Layout 5 March 11th 07 12:20 PM
How do I format the number zero with a line through it? Giant Hawaiian Microsoft Word Help 8 July 21st 06 11:22 AM
headers: different page number placement for odd and even pages egrolman New Users 2 May 24th 06 06:39 AM
Line number Darius Microsoft Word Help 5 February 20th 06 10:00 AM
Why doesn't Status Bar show Page Number or Line Number? BrandNewOffice2003User Microsoft Word Help 10 October 4th 05 07:34 AM