Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
שי גבאי

Default page number - hebrew format

I have a document that is over 392 pages (2000),
And Hebrew page numbering in microsoft Word 2003 does
not have the ability to go beyond 392 pages with hebew(א,ב) format
If you go beyond 392, anError message : "Error! Number cannot be represented
in specified format" is displayed where the page number would have been.
Try it by insert page numbering, and change the format to hebrew (א-ב) and
then set the starting number at 390. Then add page breaks and watch where
you inserted the page numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

I have seen this raised before and do not believe there is anything you can
do about it.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"?? ????" wrote in message
I have a document that is over 392 pages (2000),
And Hebrew page numbering in microsoft Word 2003 does
not have the ability to go beyond 392 pages with hebew(?,?) format
If you go beyond 392, anError message : "Error! Number cannot be

represented
in specified format" is displayed where the page number would have been.
Try it by insert page numbering, and change the format to hebrew (?-?) and
then set the starting number at 390. Then add page breaks and watch where
you inserted the page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
שי גבאי

If there is no solution in the near term, then I would like to do the
following. I wrote a VB function that takes a page number and converts it to
a Hebrew term (aka gematria). I would like to integrate this function into
the document, in place of its default Hebrew formatted page numbering. I
understand that I may be able to do this with a macro. Can someone please
elaborate on this for me. Alternatively, I would like to know if I can
install my own custom page number formatter, similar to what can be seen in
the list a user gets after picking Insert-Field menu item, and then
selecting Page in the left-hand list.
Thank you very much,
Shay Gabay

"?? ????" wrote in message
I have a document that is over 392 pages (2000),
And Hebrew page numbering in microsoft Word 2003 does
not have the ability to go beyond 392 pages with hebew(?,?) format
If you go beyond 392, anError message : "Error! Number cannot be

represented
in specified format" is displayed where the page number would have been.
Try it by insert page numbering, and change the format to hebrew (?-?) and
then set the starting number at 390. Then add page breaks and watch where
you inserted the page numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Hi ?? ????,

I'm afraid I don't know any Hebrew at all so I'm, as it were, flying blind
here, but it roused my curiosity so I have had a play with it and have what
I believe may be a partial solution for you.

I have had to extrapolate the number sequence based on what I can see up to
392 - if there are other symbols used, this will need adjustment. Whatever,
it will only work up to 766 as is.

Instead of { Page }, try using ...

{ If { Page } 374 "{ =374 \* hebrew2 } { = ( Page } - 374 \* hebrew2 }"
{ Page \* hebrew2 } }

(all braces entered via Ctrl+F9)

and format the page number as (the default) 1,2,3,...

--
Enjoy,
Tony