Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Coco Coco is offline

Default Unable to use the mouse within the document

For the past several months I have been unable to use my mouse within the
document itself. This includes clicking words, clicking on a different spot
to move the cursor away, right-clicking for spelling/grammatical errors,
double-clicking to highlight, moving text boxes, etc. Also, Microsoft 2007
has the unique feature of showing how text will look with a certain size or
font when scrolling through the size/font selection before actually selecting
whatever format you choose. This no longer works either.

Everytime I close Word I get the following message: "Microsoft Office has
stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." It
checks for possible solutions, then comes up with " a problem has caused the
program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify
you if a solution is available." Only once throughout the last couple of
months has it come up with an update, which did not work. None of the updates
seem to have any effect, and it does not appear to be a virus since I have
used the same files on different computers through a thumbdrive and they have
not been affected.

A few weeks ago, this randomly stopped happening and everything was fine for
about a week or so before it went back to not working. The first time it
happened was around May/June, and it started working again around late June.
In early August the problem came back and, apart from the one week when it
disappeared, it has been there ever since.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? How can I get rid of this
problem and prevent it from coming back?

Thanks,
Coco