Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default Forms

Have a form created in PDF and saved in word but cant fill in fields. Wont
allow me all options in developer and very difficult to make changes. Is
there an automatic option to find fields like pdf? HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word cannot open PDF files, and there is no way to convert a fillable PDF
form to Word format, so what in fact have you done here?
If you have extracted the text from the form with some form of OCR
conversion software, then you will need to add form fields from the forms
toolbar/developer tab to make a new fillable form.

Chris wrote:
Have a form created in PDF and saved in word but cant fill in fields.
Wont allow me all options in developer and very difficult to make
changes. Is there an automatic option to find fields like pdf? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

I saved the file as a word doc no conversion. But I'm not able to use all
options on developer tab. Is there a reason why or any way to fix it?

Chris wrote:
Have a form created in PDF and saved in word but cant fill in fields.
Wont allow me all options in developer and very difficult to make
changes. Is there an automatic option to find fields like pdf? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What do you mean by 'you saved as a word doc no conversion'? PDF is a
*graphical* format. There is always a conversion involved if you want to
open it in Word. Acrobat (the full version) offers an option to save PDF as
a Word document, but whether it can render that document as editable rather
depends on how the PDF was created. If you have an *editable* Word document
then the form fields on the Developer tab should be available. If they are
not, the probabilty is that the Word 'document' contains only a graphic and
so you would need OCR software to render it to Word document format.

Chris wrote:
Have a form created in PDF and saved in word but cant fill in
fields. Wont allow me all options in developer and very difficult
to make changes. Is there an automatic option to find fields like
pdf? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

I did with and without conversion and still the same result. Cant use all
developer tab for some reason.

Chris wrote:
Have a form created in PDF and saved in word but cant fill in
fields. Wont allow me all options in developer and very difficult
to make changes. Is there an automatic option to find fields like
pdf? HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What do _you_ mean by "conversion"?

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Chris wrote:
Have a form created in PDF and saved in word but cant fill in
fields. Wont allow me all options in developer and very difficult
to make changes. Is there an automatic option to find fields like
pdf? HELP!-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you would _tell_ Graham and his colleagues _what_ software you
used, they _might_ be able to help you.

But that raises another question: how did you save a pdf as a Word
document "without conversion"?