Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Terry wrote:

Certainly not a new user but don't know where to post this one (Please tell
me where may be better).

Some time ago we prepared a Word 2000 template using a table and Autotext.
Sentences (from a different document) were added to autotext (some were 700+
characters) and each given a code. Typing the code successfully inserted
the text into the table (of the template and 'new' documents). This
template still works OK on Word 97, 2000, XP.

We are now trying to set up new templates on the same basis. However, we
cannot enter more than 255 characters (on any version) into autotext. What
has gone wrong/are we doing differently. Please help before I lose all my
hair!!!

If the original was a 'quirk', any other ideas for automatically entering
text using a code?

Many thanks

Terry

How do I save my AutoText file to transfer it to another PC? kd1s Microsoft Word Help 3 September 21st 05 07:39 AM
Autocomplete for autotext not working? Dawn Rhoads Microsoft Word Help 1 April 14th 05 01:04 AM
Using form text fields included in an IF Statement with autotext Steve Microsoft Word Help 7 April 8th 05 08:17 AM
simple word question rvance New Users 8 February 1st 05 02:16 AM
Autotext and overtype key KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 31st 05 05:40 AM