Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JBM JBM is offline

Default How do I get a Word mail merge to keep my access date format?

I am using Office 2007 (trying to use mail merge to merge Access data in Word
so I can control formatting). Word changes the date format from yyyy-MM-dd to
MM/dd/yyyy. A previous post (for office 2003) suggested using a switch, but
when I do that, Word reports that the field does not exist in the source. My
mergefields are encased in pointed brackets rather than braces.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of the field codes and then add the
formatting switch inside the closing }.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.