Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swimmer swimmer is offline

Default Keep cross-reference but remove hyperlink

I want to remove only the hyperlink from the cross-reference, i.e. keep the
cross-reference active, without having to go into the dialogue box and
deselect 'hyperlink'. Is there a way to do this efficiently? Earlier thread
about Crt+Shift+F9 removes hyperlink but also removes cross-reference.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want to change the appearance of your hyperlinks, just modify
the Hyperlink and FollowedHyperlink character styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"swimmer" wrote in message
I want to remove only the hyperlink from the cross-reference, i.e.

keep the
cross-reference active, without having to go into the dialogue box

and
deselect 'hyperlink'. Is there a way to do this efficiently? Earlier

thread
about Crt+Shift+F9 removes hyperlink but also removes

cross-reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are saying that you want to prevent the cross-reference (REF)
field from being a hyperlink, do the following: Press Alt+F9 to
display field codes. For each REF field, delete the \h switch. Press
Alt+F9 again, and then select the document and update fields.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"swimmer" wrote in message
I want to remove only the hyperlink from the cross-reference, i.e.

keep the
cross-reference active, without having to go into the dialogue box

and
deselect 'hyperlink'. Is there a way to do this efficiently? Earlier

thread
about Crt+Shift+F9 removes hyperlink but also removes

cross-reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swimmer swimmer is offline

I do not want to change the appearance, I want to remove the activation of
the hyperlink function without removing the cross-reference function.

"swimmer" wrote in message
I want to remove only the hyperlink from the cross-reference, i.e.

keep the
cross-reference active, without having to go into the dialogue box

and
deselect 'hyperlink'. Is there a way to do this efficiently? Earlier

thread
about Crt+Shift+F9 removes hyperlink but also removes

cross-reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I realized that, after awhile. Did you see my other post?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"swimmer" wrote in message
I want to remove only the hyperlink from the cross-reference,

i.e.
keep the
cross-reference active, without having to go into the dialogue

box
and
deselect 'hyperlink'. Is there a way to do this efficiently?

Earlier
thread
about Crt+Shift+F9 removes hyperlink but also removes

cross-reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
swimmer swimmer is offline

Thank you. I also learned from trying this that Find & Replace works on field
code contents when field codes are displayed, which makes it easy to delete
many instances of the \h switch without writing a macro.

"swimmer" wrote in message
I want to remove only the hyperlink from the cross-reference, i.e.

keep the
cross-reference active, without having to go into the dialogue box

and
deselect 'hyperlink'. Is there a way to do this efficiently? Earlier

thread
about Crt+Shift+F9 removes hyperlink but also removes

cross-reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Yes, Find and Replace is very useful. But note that if you have other
fields in the document, they might include the \h switch too. In
particular, the table of contents field uses it (by default).
Therefore, you may want to be a little careful so that you don't
delete the switch where you actually want it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP