Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
don don is offline

Default MY CURSOR SUDDENLY COPIES BLOCKS OF TEXT RATHER THAN SINGLE LETTe

Somehow I just enable something so that my cursor now selects blocks rather
than single letters....consequently, when I want to open a file in Word....it
opens all the files before the one I want.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Within Word, there are the selection settings under Tools, Options, Edit,
namely "Use smart paragraph selection" and "When selecting, automatically
select entire word", see if either of these is ticked. But I have not seen
these setting causing the affect you describe.
This is for 2003 and prior, 2007 may have differing instructions.
Hope this helps
DeanH