Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default please help!

Hia,

I'm currently planning my dissertation, and my microsoft word has just
stalled!! I'm using Microsoft office word 2007. I tried to use the search
fuction (Ctrl+F) and the search window came up and went cloudy white, saying
(not responding), but the document underneath it didn't go cloudy. Then when
i tried to save the document, it too went cloudy. I've got 10 documents open
(as i said, i'm in the planning stages), and i can't get to any of them
without them going cloudy and saying (not responding). This happened a few
days ago aswell, exactly the same, and when i shut down word, even though it
said it'd try to recover my documents, it didn't manage it and i lost a load
of work. I've done a fair bit of work since i last saved (stupid i know!) and
REALLY don't want to have lost it all!! is there anything i could do? i've
waited a good 10 minutes or so and it's not sorting itself out - could
waiting longer possible help? is there anything i can do to make sure it
recovers the documents? or will i just have to risk it and shut word down,
hoping that it recovers them?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Cheers
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this happens with one document, only, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

On the other hand, if it is a problem with all documents, new and old ones,
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP