Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Altamo Altamo is offline

Default Properties / Title in Word Template: special characters ignored

Hi,

If you use special characters in the Title Property (under Summary tab) of a
Template, with the intention to have that Title used as suggested file name,
Word breaks off the filename at the first special character (except the space
character!), and ignores the rest of the filename. This is quite annoying if
you want it to suggest the full filename when somebody saves the Template as
a new file (with strict naming conventions). In my case, our filenames should
contain underscores in between parts, and I find no way to "protect" the full
name. Any solution for this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To accomplish what you want, I believe a macro is required. Ask in a
programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general for
assistance.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP