Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JCameron JCameron is offline

Default Error "Your system does not support Microsoft Word"

Hello,
I'm running Windows XP SP2 with MS word 2002 SP3 (V10.6838.3839), and Word
works fine when I open MS word documents or launch it from the start menu.
However we are using a 3rd party Web application that downloads a MS .doc
file and then attempts to launch MS word to edit/view it. This results in the
error dialog box message:
+++++
PD_ERR-06300011:
The selected document is a Microsoft Word document.
Your system does not support Microsoft Word.
-----
I can manually open the downloaded document, but when the web application
attempts to activate MW word, I get the message.
I am the system admin, and I have this problem with only one workstation. I
have several others running the same version of the XP and Wordthat do not
have this problem. Could it be somthing in the registry? How can I correct
the problem?

Thanks in advance
Jeff Cameron
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I would try contacting the developer of the third pary software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JCameron" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JCameron JCameron is offline

We have. Please remember it is a Web App. and it merely downloads a MS Word
document and then tells MS Word to open it. The error message appears to be
comming from Windows. The Web App developer says the error message is not
part of their Web application.