Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Wallington (UK) Peter Wallington (UK) is offline

Default Automatic Abbreviation/Acronym Management & Defintion Table Genera

Does anyone know a way to collate a list of abbreviations/acronym in a
document into a sorted table near the front of the document. I guess they
would have to be marked/formatted in a specific way to make them detectable.

It would also be useful if the table removed any duplicates and then either
allowed an abbreviation/acronym definition to be entered for each one in an
adjacent column.

Or even better still if it could look up the abbreviation/acronym in another
document/database/spreadsheet (which would contain all the definitions for a
company/department).

There, might be a clever way of doing this with the normal word features,
but I'm guessing a more pratical solution might involve some Visual Basic
code.