Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JustAScribbler JustAScribbler is offline

Default How do I get my old white text on blue background back

The point is not so much whether white on blue is easier on the eyes, or even
whther you can toggle it on and off, but why the genuises who designed
Ribbon, which does everything but make a souffle, didn't make it
possible--readily possible?-- to reformat a document to look the way you want
it to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That said... to reformat a document for white on blue in Word 2007, in the
Page Layout tab, click the Page Color tool and then click on one of the dark
blue choice.

Note that the white on blue setting was a WordPerfect UI compatibility
feature that was discontinued in Word 2007. You can get white on blue as
indicated above. You can also get white on blue everywhere in Windows, as
well... but you'll need to do it via Windows' settings... which will then
affect all applications, and not just Word or a single document within Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible