Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
j.lee j.lee is offline

Default Citation problem in word 2007

Sometimes when I insert a citation, word also put a title of a paper in the
body.
For example, a citation in the body should be like this:
(Gates & Jobs, 2007)
But, some of my citation looks like this:
(Gages & Jobs, Paper's title, 2007)
How can I resolve this problem?
I uploaded the bibliography data xml file (sources.xml) on my server.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~joonhwan/personal/sources.xml
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
j.lee[_2_] j.lee[_2_] is offline

Correct: the Sources.xml has zipped and re-uploaded.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~joonhwan/pers...ources.xml.zip

"j.lee" wrote:

Sometimes when I insert a citation, word also put a title of a paper in the
body.
For example, a citation in the body should be like this:
(Gates & Jobs, 2007)
But, some of my citation looks like this:
(Gages & Jobs, Paper's title, 2007)
How can I resolve this problem?
I uploaded the bibliography data xml file (sources.xml) on my server.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~joonhwan/personal/sources.xml

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
j.lee[_2_] j.lee[_2_] is offline

I think I found a problem, but still don't know how to solve this:

If you have multiple entry with the same authors, then title is also
displayed in the text.
For example, add following two entries in you DB.

Article 1:
Author: Doe, John
Title: Random Title1
Year: 2000

Article 2:
Author: Doe, John
Title: Random Title 2
Year: 2001

Then, the citation result will look like (Doe, Random Title1, 2000) , not
(Doe, 2000).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arch arch is offline

Your problem is what i need. I need to display the book title in a citation
but no matter what i do i can't get it to appear. My citations only ever
contain the authors name, date of publication and page numbers but i can't
get bloody titles for some reason.

Author: Doe, John
Title: Random Title1
Year: 2000

Article 2:
Author: Doe, John
Title: Random Title 2
Year: 2001

Then, the citation result will look like (Doe, Random Title1, 2000) , not
(Doe, 2000).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Arch,

What Citation Style are you using in the document?

GB7714, ISO690 - First Element and Date, and SIST02 in Word 2007 usually show the book title in the Citation.

=================
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arch arch is offline

"arch" wrote in message ...
Your problem is what i need. I need to display the book title in a citation but no matter what i do i can't get it to appear. My
citations only ever contain the authors name, date of publication and page numbers but i can't get bloody titles for some reason.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Hey Bob,

I'm not sure exactly, i'm using the APA as i believe it is akin to the
harvard referencing. I have noticed that it will add the title of a book in
the citation if i have more than one citation(from different books) by the
same author as you had previously stated. I can surpress the title if need be
in this instance. I was under the impression i had to have the title of the
book quoted but apparently not. Thanks so much for your reply
Arthur