Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mulsh50 Mulsh50 is offline

Default When I use mail merge, can I merge a field to make the file name?

I want a merge field to become my file number. Is that capable when I merge
to PDF?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP