Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hjneedshelp hjneedshelp is offline

Default Form-status report shape

Hello,

I have a status report form in Word 2003. I would like to create a place
where users can type in the status of their goals and what shows up is
actually a colored dot that visually shows the status of their project.

For example, the key is Green=on target; Yellow= limited progress; and Red =
not started/project at risk. Is there a way in Word for users to just type
in "G/g" or "Y/y" or "R/r" and have a colored dot show up in place of the
text? A formula or Macro that I can use?

If not, would another Office program be able to do this, like Excel?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You may be able to modify the procedure at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...FmFldChbxs.htm to provide
what you want.

hjneedshelp wrote:
Hello,

I have a status report form in Word 2003. I would like to create a
place where users can type in the status of their goals and what
shows up is actually a colored dot that visually shows the status of
their project.

For example, the key is Green=on target; Yellow= limited progress;
and Red = not started/project at risk. Is there a way in Word for
users to just type in "G/g" or "Y/y" or "R/r" and have a colored dot
show up in place of the text? A formula or Macro that I can use?

If not, would another Office program be able to do this, like Excel?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hjneedshelp hjneedshelp is offline

Thanks, Graham,
I can modify it that way, but we really want the colors. I'll keep thinking
of another way to do this.

Thank you!