Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meo100 Meo100 is offline

Default Are there any shortcut keys to get to AutoCorrect in Vista?

In Word 2003 I could get to AutoCorrect in two steps using shortcut key ALT
T, then A. In word 2007 you have to go via the office button, word option,
proofing then auto correct options. Surely there must be a quicker way than
that? Surely the developers of Vista haven't taken something simple and
useful and made it a complete pain in the neck (and fingers) to use?? I've
searched Microsoft help and i can't find anything. Is there anyone out there
who's figured it out?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Meo,

The Alt, T, A keyboard shortcut still works in Word 2007.
Many of the older menu navigation keyboard shortcuts still work in Word 2007.

You can also add the Autocorrect Options dialog to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)

Right click on the QAT, choose customize, and from the 'All commands' category, choose 'Autocorrect Options'

==============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is nothing to do with the Vista operation system.
Add the autocorrect options button (in the all commands section) to the QAT
for single click access.

Meo100 wrote:
In Word 2003 I could get to AutoCorrect in two steps using shortcut
key ALT T, then A. In word 2007 you have to go via the office
button, word option, proofing then auto correct options. Surely there
must be a quicker way than that? Surely the developers of Vista
haven't taken something simple and useful and made it a complete pain
in the neck (and fingers) to use?? I've searched Microsoft help and i
can't find anything. Is there anyone out there who's figured it out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meo100 Meo100 is offline

"Meo100" wrote:

In Word 2003 I could get to AutoCorrect in two steps using shortcut key ALT
T, then A. In word 2007 you have to go via the office button, word option,
proofing then auto correct options. Surely there must be a quicker way than
that? Surely the developers of Vista haven't taken something simple and
useful and made it a complete pain in the neck (and fingers) to use?? I've
searched Microsoft help and i can't find anything. Is there anyone out there
who's figured it out?

Thanks Bob, I hadn't realised you could just carry on with the old shortcuts.