Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelli Kelli is offline

Default Index marking a (

I have created and recreated the index, however, for some reason I have a
list of ( [pararenthesis] at the beginning of my index & their corresponding
page number.

When I do a find andor replace for these pararenthesis they don't show up. I
can't see them in the show/hide view either.

I can't figure out how they got there or how to get rid of them. I need help
with this ASAP - document was suppose to be finished last Friday. HELP
HELP.....

Kelli
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Try using the Find dialog to search for the problem XE fields.

1. Display Hidden text (so that the XE fields are displayed).

2. Ctrl+F to open the Find dialog.

3. In the "Find what" box, type ^19 XE "(

4. Find Next or (if you have the "Highlight all items found" box checked)
Find All.

"Kelli" wrote in message
I have created and recreated the index, however, for some reason I have a
list of ( [pararenthesis] at the beginning of my index & their

corresponding
page number.

When I do a find andor replace for these pararenthesis they don't show up.

can't see them in the show/hide view either.

I can't figure out how they got there or how to get rid of them. I need

help
with this ASAP - document was suppose to be finished last Friday. HELP
HELP.....

Kelli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelli Kelli is offline

Hi Suzanne

I'm sorry - but that didn't work. Can you suggest something else?

Kelli

"Kelli" wrote in message
I have created and recreated the index, however, for some reason I have a
list of ( [pararenthesis] at the beginning of my index & their

corresponding
page number.

When I do a find andor replace for these pararenthesis they don't show up.

can't see them in the show/hide view either.

I can't figure out how they got there or how to get rid of them. I need

help
with this ASAP - document was suppose to be finished last Friday. HELP
HELP.....

Kelli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If that doesn't find the parenthesis entries, then presumably they're coming
from somewhere else, but I haven't a clue. If you want to send me a sample
of the document, I'll take a look.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try using the Find dialog to search for the problem XE fields.

1. Display Hidden text (so that the XE fields are displayed).

2. Ctrl+F to open the Find dialog.

3. In the "Find what" box, type ^19 XE "(

4. Find Next or (if you have the "Highlight all items found" box

checked)
Find All.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Kelli" wrote in message
I have created and recreated the index, however, for some reason I

have a
list of ( [pararenthesis] at the beginning of my index & their

corresponding
page number.

When I do a find andor replace for these pararenthesis they don't show

up.
can't see them in the show/hide view either.

I can't figure out how they got there or how to get rid of them. I

need
help
with this ASAP - document was suppose to be finished last Friday.

HELP
HELP.....

Kelli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

This is total guesswork but left parentheses are used as placeholders for
symbols and I wonder if something funny is happening with any you may have
in your document.

If so, this may help
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...aceSymbols.htm

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If that doesn't find the parenthesis entries, then presumably they're

coming
from somewhere else, but I haven't a clue. If you want to send me a sample
of the document, I'll take a look.

so
all may benefit.

"Kelli" wrote in message
I have created and recreated the index, however, for some reason I

have a
list of ( [pararenthesis] at the beginning of my index & their
corresponding
page number.

When I do a find andor replace for these pararenthesis they don't

show
up.
can't see them in the show/hide view either.

I can't figure out how they got there or how to get rid of them. I

need
help
with this ASAP - document was suppose to be finished last Friday.

HELP
HELP.....

Kelli

Create see and see also references in an index? Duchesse Microsoft Word Help 2 April 1st 08 09:34 PM
Marking Whole Words for Index Jack Microsoft Word Help 2 September 20th 06 01:24 PM
Marking Index Island Girl New Users 6 April 3rd 06 05:16 AM
Identical 2-level index tags yield different results in index. Hel Leslie in Montreal Microsoft Word Help 2 April 28th 05 07:12 PM
creating an index, etc. SandyTechWriter Microsoft Word Help 0 February 9th 05 07:17 PM