Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
csl csl is offline

Default Printing to more than one printer

At my place of business, a department is wanting to send Word 2003 documents
to approx. 10 printers. Is there a way to set up documents to send to
multiple printers, similar to a distribution list?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi csl

There's no way from within Word to do this.

You could write a macro to do it. For lots of information about controlling
the printer in a macro see Jonathan West's articles on controlling the
printer starting at
Controlling the Printer from Word VBA
Part 1: Using VBA to Select the Paper Tray

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"csl" wrote in message
At my place of business, a department is wanting to send Word 2003
documents
to approx. 10 printers. Is there a way to set up documents to send to
multiple printers, similar to a distribution list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You want to send 1 document to 10 printers? Or one document to a choice from
10 printers? You can do that with a macro - see the examples at
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm - but there's another issue that you
have overlooked. The document is formatted to the current printer driver.
That driver is an essential part of the formatting process. Change the
driver and the document will be reformatted -
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

If you want to print the *same* document layout to multiple printers WITH
DIFFERENT DRIVERS, you are going to have to come up with another ploy. One
possibility would be to output the document to PDF format, for which you'll
need extra software, then use some form of batch process to print the PDF to
multiple printers.

csl wrote:
At my place of business, a department is wanting to send Word 2003
documents to approx. 10 printers. Is there a way to set up documents
to send to multiple printers, similar to a distribution list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
csl csl is offline

Thanks, Shauna. I figured that was the answer, but was hoping there might be
an easier way. ;-) I'll do some researching on the macros.
csl