jojo

Default word to excel mail merge help please....

Here is the question/problem explained:

I have created a Mail Merge document in Word. The information that is being
merged into the document is coming from an Excel file. All of the mail
merge fields have been set up in the main document (and are labeled the
same.) I have a portion of the document set up in a "bullet" list like
below:
1. a
2. b
3. c
4. d
5. e
6. f
7. g

When I merge the info into the document it shows up like this:
1. a
2. b c
3. d e
4. f g

Do you know what I can do to fix this problem?

Doug Robbins

You would have to give some more information about the mailmerge main
document. Are the a, b, c, etc mergefields?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"jojo" wrote in message
[...]

Bill Sharpe

jojo wrote:
[...]

It looks like you need to insert an extra carriage-return line-feed
character between b and c, d and e and f and g in your Word document.

Alternately, consider disabling Word's automatic numbering system in
your main document.

Bill
jojo

"Bill Sharpe" wrote in message
jojo wrote:
[...]

Tried both and neither thing worked. do we have a glitch?
Thanks for your time...
jojo