Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
corvettejerry corvettejerry is offline

Default Problems with Document Layout

Somehow the default for the layout of my Word documents got changed to
'landscape' so every time I start up word now, it comes up as a landscape
doc. If I change the layout to 'portrait', enter my information and try to
print, it prints out in 'landscape' format. How can I change it back so that
it always comes up in the 'portrait' format??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open a new blank document. Without making any other changes, go to the
Margins tab of Page Setup and change the orientation to Portrait. Then click
Default... and answer yes.

"corvettejerry" wrote in message
Somehow the default for the layout of my Word documents got changed to
'landscape' so every time I start up word now, it comes up as a landscape
doc. If I change the layout to 'portrait', enter my information and try
print, it prints out in 'landscape' format. How can I change it back so
that
it always comes up in the 'portrait' format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
corvettejerry corvettejerry is offline

Suzanne, Thank you for your reply. However, I have Word 2007 on Vista and
your info seams to not apply. I can change the margens, and orientation to
what I want, but cannot find a Default anywhere to click on...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Open a new blank document. Without making any other changes, go to the
Margins tab of Page Setup and change the orientation to Portrait. Then click
Default... and answer yes.

"corvettejerry" wrote in message
Somehow the default for the layout of my Word documents got changed to
'landscape' so every time I start up word now, it comes up as a landscape
doc. If I change the layout to 'portrait', enter my information and try
print, it prints out in 'landscape' format. How can I change it back so
that
it always comes up in the 'portrait' format??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Suzanne is referring to the Default button in the Page Setup dialog box. To
display the dialog box: on the Page Layout tab, click the dialog launcher
button (the arrow on the bottom right) of the Page Setup group.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP