Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cynthia Cynthia is offline

Default Mail Merge and MS Office 2003

I have an awards letter I would like to send via email to 150 recipients. My
database is an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to save the merged
letter/email file and review it before sending the emails?
--
Cynthia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
hbean hbean is offline

On Feb 9, 9:27*am, Cynthia wrote:
I have an awards letter I would like to send via email to 150 recipients. *My
database is an Excel spreadsheet. *Is there a way to save the merged
letter/email file and review it before sending the emails?
--
Cynthia

The only way I can think of would be to change your merge from emails
to letters, merge it to a new document to review, and then if you're
satisfied with how it looks, change your merge back to emails and then
merge to emails to send. I don't believe you can "review" a batch of
emails the same way you can with letters.

Heather
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could, I suppose, prevent your e-mail software from sending immediately
and view the messages in the Outbox of your e-mail software..

hbean wrote:
On Feb 9, 9:27 am, Cynthia wrote:
I have an awards letter I would like to send via email to 150
recipients. My database is an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to
save the merged letter/email file and review it before sending the
emails? --
Cynthia

The only way I can think of would be to change your merge from emails
to letters, merge it to a new document to review, and then if you're
satisfied with how it looks, change your merge back to emails and then
merge to emails to send. I don't believe you can "review" a batch of
emails the same way you can with letters.

Heather

Mail Merge using MS Office 2003 Cynthia Mailmerge 2 February 9th 09 07:10 PM
Mail merge Office 2000 to 2003 Richard John Mailmerge 2 December 4th 07 06:14 AM
Mail Merge in Office 2003 Ella Mailmerge 1 June 1st 07 05:51 AM
Mail Merge Office 2003 Jo Mailmerge 2 February 21st 06 07:51 PM
Mail merge Office 2003 gibijons Microsoft Word Help 0 November 23rd 05 05:51 PM