Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cycling Dude Cycling Dude is offline

Default How do I return to the original document after completing a merge?

After completing a mail merge and printing the envelopes, I found I was
unable to return to the original document. Every time I opened the Word Doc,
it took me to the envelopes. How does one get back to the original document
to edit it if necessary?

Cycling Dude
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

At the end of the merge, the Mail Merge Main document should still be
there. If you merged to a new document, the new document becomes the
active document. If you save that (before or after printing) and re-open
it, you will just see the envelopes again. Is it possible that you
closed the mail merge main document without saving it?

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk