Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty is offline

Default How to I incrementally rotate inserted text within a shape?

I inserted a shape to the side of my text body. Then, I added text to the
shape and clicked on "text direction" to align the text sideways in the
shape. Now, I want to rotate both the shape and the text together to about a
25 degree angle. How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In Word you can't - the shape can be rotated but the text is restricted to
one of the Text Direction options, which normally doesn't deliver the
desired result. But you do have at least 2 options:

Create the text as WordArt, stack it atop the shape, then select & Group the
2 objects, or

Do the whole thing in another program (such as PowerPoint) then copy & use
Edit Paste Special in Word using one of the Picture options.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Peppermint Patty" Peppermint wrote in
message ...
I inserted a shape to the side of my text body. Then, I added text to the
shape and clicked on "text direction" to align the text sideways in the
shape. Now, I want to rotate both the shape and the text together to
about a
25 degree angle. How do I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
A Customer . A Customer . is offline

"CyberTaz" wrote:

[...]

I want to rotate a shape including its text. Is it clear? A shape and its
text, together. I don't want to cut and paste it (paste special) as a
picture, A
SHAPE AND ITS TEXT TOGETHER. OK? Ctrl+X and then Paste Special and paste it
as a picture is NOT the answer, it's just erasing the main question, and the
main question is:
HOW I CAN ROTATE A SHAPE AND ITS TEXT, TOGETHER IN WORD 2007, NOT ONLY THE
SHAPE? AND I DON'T WANT TO PASTE IT SPECIAL. Did you understand SIR?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I want to rotate a shape including its text. Is it clear? A shape and
its text, together. I don't want to cut and paste it (paste special)
as a picture, A
SHAPE AND ITS TEXT TOGETHER. OK? Ctrl+X and then Paste Special and
paste it as a picture is NOT the answer, it's just erasing the main
question, and the main question is:
HOW I CAN ROTATE A SHAPE AND ITS TEXT, TOGETHER IN WORD 2007, NOT
ONLY THE SHAPE? AND I DON'T WANT TO PASTE IT SPECIAL. Did you
understand SIR?

Entering your question in block capitals (shouting) is not going to make
something happen that cannot happen. Word cannot do what you ask. If you
don't like the suggested workarounds, you need to use a different product
that will work in this manner - eg Publisher.

free rotate text within a shape Emory New Users 5 June 23rd 07 01:36 PM
make numbers increase incrementally automatically MDales Microsoft Word Help 3 July 11th 06 12:29 AM
Hoe do I get the text inside to rotate with my auto shape? EOCSUP Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 06 02:54 PM
shape text KCERS Microsoft Word Help 0 November 16th 05 10:14 PM
in labelling a drawing how to rotate text and shape together Cranny Microsoft Word Help 2 February 2nd 05 05:09 AM