Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve S Steve S is offline

Default Printing envelopes with merge

I printed a few hundred letters with merge without any problem, but when i
try to print the envelopes, only 2 print at a time, even though i give a
range of 1-200
--
Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need to be more specific about what you are doing. Are you merging
the envelopes with the original data source? Are you merging to the printer
or trying to print the merged envelope document? Did you include the
envelopes in the letter merge?
Which Word version.

Steve S wrote:
I printed a few hundred letters with merge without any problem, but
when i try to print the envelopes, only 2 print at a time, even
though i give a range of 1-200

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve S Steve S is offline

I am merging the envelopes with the original data source to the printer using
word 2003. I have done this before without any problem at all.
Thanks
--
Steve

Steve S wrote:
I printed a few hundred letters with merge without any problem, but
when i try to print the envelopes, only 2 print at a time, even
though i give a range of 1-200

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I have not been able to reproduce the problem using an envelope template
(which you can download from my web site) and a large Outlook data file.
What happens if you merge to a new document? Does that new document contain
all the envelopes?
If it does, what happens when you print that document?
Try turning off background printing in tools options print

Steve S wrote:
I printed a few hundred letters with merge without any problem, but
when i try to print the envelopes, only 2 print at a time, even
though i give a range of 1-200

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve S Steve S is offline

I turned off background printing and also noticed the printer was on manual
feed, which I changed to auto detect. It works fine so I'm not sure what the
problem was, but thanks for your help
--
Steve