Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lana A Li

Default Deleting Old Versions of Fonts

Hello. I currently own a copy of Microsoft Word 2003, running on a Windows XP
System. I have a FONT problem.

I notice that when I am using the "Word Art" feature of Microsoft Word, I am
presented with quite an extensive array of different fonts from which to
select. One of my favorites from this particular list is the font called
"Script."

I would really like to use this particular font in my normal typing. I think
that it would look rather nice as a normal type font; however, I cannot seem
to find this font when I am doing regular typing. It seems that I can only
use this particular font in the "Word Art" feature of Microsoft Word.
"Script" (NOTE: NOT Script MT Bold, but the regular one) does not appear on
the normal font list.

Obviously, my computer MUST have this font installed if the font is showing
up at all, even if only under one portion of Word. However, to be sure, I
attempted installing the font "Script" to my computer from the "Fonts" folder
in the "Control Panel." Upon trying to install it, I instantly got a message
reading, €œThe Script (All res) font is already installed. To install a new
version, first remove the old version.€ So, is this my actual problem? I need
to install a new version? How, exactly, would I go about deleting the "old
version" from Microsoft Word without deleting the entire font from my
computer altogether? Or is there just a specific location in which I need to
look in order to obtain this font for regular use? I have searched EVERYWHERE
on my hard drive, and I do not seem to be able to find it. I am most
frustrated and confused, to say the very least.

Any help, tips, or answers at all would be IMMENSELY appreciated. Thank you
all so much in advance. I hope I was able to explicate this problem very
clearly. Thanks again.